SUPERVISED STUDY 2019-20
We feel that it is extremely important to point out that you as parents / guardians have a major role to play in ensuring that your child completes their homework, particularly in the whole area of checking the journals.
Should you, at any stage, have any concerns about homework please feel free to contact any of the following: Principal, Deputy Principal, Year Head, Class Tutor or H.S.C.L. Below are a number of guide lines and rules on how the service will operate.
The service will operate five evenings a week (Monday to Friday) from 3.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m., except on Tuesday when it will operate from 4.10 – 6.00p.m. In some circumstances a Junior Cycle student may finish at 5.00 p.m. or 5.30pm on Tuesday and if they wish to avail of this option they MUST present a parental signed note each day.
- Students will do homework in silence
- Each student will be assigned to his/her own desk and chair
- Mobiles MUST be TURNED OFF, however if a student needs to use a mobile for educational purposes, they may do so, with the permission of the supervisor.
- Each day that the student attends, his /her journal will be date stamped. Parent/Guardians should check the journal to ensure that your child is attending when he/she should be.
- Payments can be made up front or on a monthly basis, whichever is more favourable.
- A reduction of 10% applies for two or more students in one family.
- The use of headphones and ear pieces for the purpose of listening to music will NOT be permitted.
If any parent is interested in Supervised Study please contact the office.